About the Boosters
The Galt Ag Boosters organization was formed to provide financial support to youth in our local FFA programs at Galt and Liberty Ranch High Schools. Through our organization, we are able to provide:
- Scholarships for graduating seniors
- Meals during Sacramento County Fair competition days
- Discretionary funds for each chapter to be spent on all members (ex: sound system for FFA meetings, food at FFA meetings, community service events)
- Offset of travel, lodging, and registration expenses for students to attend various FFA events throughout the state and nationally. Without supplementation, the travel costs associated with these activities would be prohibitive for many of our students, so the support we offer opens up these opportunities to more students. Examples of such events include:
- The California State FFA Leadership Conference in Anaheim
- The National FFA Leadership Convention in Indianapolis
- The State FFA Finals in San Luis Obispo
- FFA field days throughout the state attended by FFA judging, public speaking, and agri-science teams.
Our goal is to immediately invest the money we raise back into the programs we support. Our organization consists entirely of volunteers and ag teachers from each of the high schools which allows us to keep our overhead costs low.